Monday, April 17, 2006

New Seats

My Queen Bees were at the same table for the first time today. It was pretty funny to watch what happened when they saw their new seats. TopBee looked at her seat, looked at NewBee’s seat, and threw her head around with some attitude, tossing a scornful look at NewBee.

NewBee approached my desk tentatively, “Ms. Teacher, I sit right there now.”

“You sure do. I get to have you by my desk this time. “

“Ya, that’s cool.” She walks away a few feet, turns around and comes back, “Ms. Teacher… TopBee is at my table.”

“Yes, I actually chose the new seats. You might be surprised by how well the two of you work together.”

“Ya, I guess,” was the uncertain final statement.

The girls did wonderfully today. Granted, I got the kids out of their seats a lot, but they didn’t call attention to themselves even once. It turned out I had to chastise NewBee and SensitiveTeen for giggling incessantly. That is certainly not a relationship I would have thought at all beneficial. Wouldn’t it be interesting if these two struck up a friendship? Since you are not in my room, I’ll go ahead and answer that for you. YES!! NewBee needs someone to really think she is fun.

Here’s hoping.