Friday, April 14, 2006

Girls, Girls, Girls

This year I have been cursed with dueling Queen Bees. The problem started in October and I’ve spoken to each girl’s parents twice in the last two days. It is April people, APRIL!! The girls are really cool kids. They are actually a couple of my favorites, even though I don’t have favorites. Unfortunately, each is determined to run my classroom to the absolute detriment of the other. It is ridiculous!

Luckily, both sets of parents are very understanding and more than anxious to remedy the situation. We are all at our wit’s end. So, the solution we have found is to force the girls to spend copious amounts of time together. The parents are arranging playdates outside of school. First the girls will play alone. Next the parents will invite other girls to join the playdates. Something has got to give. When I change the kids’ seats on Monday, the two little culprits will be seated at the same table. They will either kill each other or get over it. I’m hoping for the least bloody option.