Friday, March 31, 2006

Hello Spring Break!!!

I can’t believe it is actually here. It feels like this vacation has been just out of reach for months now. I shall wait no longer. As I write this post, I’m sitting at my desk sipping a wonderful glass of white wine and looking at the book that will occupy me for the next week. Having free time is such a luxury.

Today, as the hours dragged on until 3:00, I kept thinking about how I could just make it to the bell. It seems, spring break comes at this time of year for a reason. This past week, it has been hard to be patient. I’ve been reaching my boiling point a little bit faster. My tolerance for petty student conflicts is at an all time low. Rather than hash out yet another disagreement between Luis and Henry, I simply said, “Really, do you really want to waste our time with this two hours before spring break?” I don’t know if it was the question or tone of my voice that surprised them more. Apparently they didn’t want to waste our time.

As I sit here remembering the characters in the series I’m about to revisit, I can’t help but wonder… Does spring break come at just the right time, or do I know exactly how long I can hold on? Sort of like the chicken and the egg dilemma.