Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Oops

We took the students to see a play today. I’ve been looking forward to this trip for sooooo long. It seems like every trip we planned this year has fallen through for one reason or another. Not this time though. All 48 of us got on the bus and off we went. It was about a 45 minute ride with morning traffic. Thirty minutes in, I realize the tickets are sitting in my desk drawer. Hmmm. What does one do?

Well, first I asked the other teacher if she had the tickets. This seemed to be a reflex of some sort because I was pretty sure I knew where the tickets were. The reality was just too gruesome! When she looked at me in shock, I said, “ I’m sure they have a record of it. If not, I can call someone at school and have them read me the confirmation number.” This sounded good and seemed to relax us both.

When we arrived I went directly to an usher and informed her of my predicament. Apparently this was not the first time this had happened because she smiled at me and asked my school’s name, number in attendance and where our group was standing. Ten minutes later we were seated in the first row of the balcony. Pretty great seats and no one chastising me for being absent minded.

What a lucky break!